Re: Samba Client: Permission Denied on Mounted Share

On Mon, 2007-01-15 at 21:18 -0500, Toney wrote:
> I'm running Samba Client on Sarge.
>
> When I mount Winders 2000 Server directories, I can read the files fine.
>
> When I mount Winders XP directories, I get "Permission Denied" with
> every attempt to read the mounted directory.  (I get no errors when
> mounting.)
>
> A four year old Slackware server does not have the problem.  It reads
> mounted XP directory entries fine, using an identical mount command, a
> la "mount -t smbfs -o username=blah, password=blah //winders/dir /mnt".
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.

What are the underlying UNIX UGO perms on the share?

If the user you are connecting with doesn't have perms, you won't get to
the files ...

You really haven't given us an REAL setup or anything from your Debian
machine.

That was a wild guess.

--
greg, greg@gregfolkert.net