Re: Can't Mount my USB Disk R/W [Was Slow USB disk]

On 15.01.07 09:57, L.V.Gandhi wrote:
> For me as soon as insert it kde ask me for options. It is mounted at
> /media/disk. I don't mount it explicitly. It is mounted automatically. Hence
> I wanted to know how to change the configuration so that it is not mounted
> readonly.

by "automatically" you mean "via usbmount"? If so, check usbmount manpage.

I don't know how it mounts. As soon as it is inserted, kde ask me for options. I opt for opening folder in konq, it opens and I saw it was mounted in /media/disk.

Also, the filesystem is important - when having some of un*x systems that
contain access rights, you'll have to set up proper permissions.

Otherwise (FAT etc) you have to use wider file/directory mask, or set up the
correct user/group which to mount under.

--
L.V.Gandhi
http://lvgandhi.tripod.com/