Re: SMTP server

> Hi all,
>
> I am looking for a SMTP server program to install on Debian. The reason
> is that we have to send lots of emails (news letters and not spams) to
> list of our users, but our web hosting SMTP server has a limit like all
> others to prevent sending spams. So, I think the problem can be solved
> by having my own SMTP server. There are many SMTP servers available on
> Windows. I am sure better product is also available for Linux too.
>
> Thanks,
>
> D.

Danesh,

It's not difficult to set up an SMTP server (Postfix would be my choice).
However you should be aware that mail originating from your own IP address
might be more likely to be classified as spam by remote hosts' spam
filters. I'm not sure if you are talking about a Debian server in a data
centre somewhere, or just your own desktop PC?

You might find it more cost effective to pay for increased limits from
your current SMTP provider, or look for a new provider.

Paul