Re: USB memory stick and flashcard mount failure

John W. Foster(johnwfoster@verizon.net) is reported to have said:
> FWIW: My usb stick did not mount as sda* because I was mounting it in a card
> reader of several slots. My hardware management system decided that each slot
> was "sde*" so check you syslog output & look at the output of dmesg.
>
> What about SD chips from cameras. I have been struggling with one of those for
> a month or so, off & on. I was getting the same message as Herb's stick, from
> the SD chip. It also works fine in XP, so I am assuming there is no problem
> with the card. BTW: it also shows a FAT system. I am using an I-DOT card
> reader & my usb sticks work fine so I think its in my configs. Any ideas will
> be appreciated.
> Thanks!

Have you tried running fdisk on it?  Does it see the SD chip? Have you
googled for an answer?

If you have the kernel source, I don't, you might look through the
Documentation directory for some mention of SD cards.  There may be a
kernel option for them(?).  I have never tried reading SD cards
myself.

BTW Take a look at the Netiquette thread.  I am subscribed to this
list and have no need of a Cc.  Thanks

Wayne

--
I haven't lost my mind; it's backed up on tape somewhere.