Re: USB memory stick and flashcard mount failure

Herb Howe(herbhowe@gmail.com) is reported to have said:
> I'm having problems mounting either a memory stick or a flashcard using
> Debian, kernel 2.6.8.
>
> Here's the setup:
>
> Line from lsusb with usb memory stick inserted:
> Bus 004 Device 002: ID 08ec:0008 M-Systems Flash Disk Pioneers
>
> Line in fstab:
> /dev/sda1 /mnt/memstick vfat user,noauto,rw 0 0
>
> Mount command:
> mount /mnt/memstick

Try mount -t vfat /dev/sda1 /mnt

Never had a problem with any of the >12 flash drives I've tried.

HTH=Hope This Helps, YMMV=Your Mileage May Vary, HAND=Have A Nice Day

WT

--
A printer consists of three main parts: the case, the jammed paper
tray and the blinking red light.