Re: getting xorg working on an old box .....

On Sat, 13 Jan 2007 08:50:34 -0500
macondo <ironwindow2001@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Why not? i just want to make sure something is not missing.

I thought we were talking about a low end machine. I wouldn't install
stuff I will certainly not need. I fact I wouldn't do that on any
machine.

> If indeed it's the only one, what's wrong with .xinitrc? it's simple
> and you don't have to learn 'update-alternatives. Besides
> with .xinitrc or .xsession you can include apps to start when you
> enter the X system

My point was that it's not necessary with only one wm installed. "If it
ain't broke don't fix it". (Don't know where that comes from).

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)