Re: [OFF-TOPIC] Mailing List Netiquette

Andrei Popescu wrote:

> I think the answer is definitely DO NOT CC: :) If you look through the
> archives you will notice a few signatures like: "Do not CC, I read the
> list." This basically says it all: most of us are subscribed to the
> list. We get every mail sent to the list. Why would I need a CC? If I
> need one then I can ask for one using the Reply-To: field, or even
> directly. Which brings us (again) to the Reply-To question. Please
> read: http://www.unicom.com/pw/reply-to-harmful.html

Readers should be aware that by posting to Debian's mailing lists, they
agree not to CC list subscribers when posting to the list.  If this is a
surprise to you, you are expected to have already read
http://www.debian.org/MailingLists/#codeofconduct before posting.

> You might also find useful: http://learn.to/quote and "Guidelines
> to post on debian-user" by Kamaraju S Kusumanchi (Raju):
> http://www.people.cornell.edu/pages/kk288/du-guidelines.html

Feel free to update http://wiki.ursine.ca/Best_Online_Quoting_Practices as
well.