About apt-get messages

Hi,

I am a newbie at using apt-get. Although, I have used debian before, I
was using apt-get only with cds, as I didnt have internet.

I copied the sources.ist posted in this list from internet somewhere, i
changed all the mirrors fro us to de (germany) and it worked well for
me, except the debian-multimedia.org. For this I got error with apt-get
update command, saying some public key was not found or mathed. So I
had to comment the mirror out. I dont know what this msg means, but I
do need some multimedia stuff on my machine. Any other mirror for that
?

Moreover, while installing some common packages like firefox, gaim etc
I got message that the package was not varified ! Is it dangerous to
install unverified package ? If i change the mirrors, will this msg go
away ?

regards,
Hardik