Re: xorg-6.9.0 on Sid?

Hugo Vanwoerkom(hvw59601@care2.com) is reported to have said:

> Wayne, I have tried that image on Sid, same xorg components, and tleds
> does *not* light the leds, when I am in X.
>
> I changed the tleds code to use X routines instead of ioctl's (which was
> in the upstream version but removed by Debian) and guess what:
>
> there is a bug in xbase-clients (now 7 years old) that prevents NumLock
> and CapsLock from turning on :-(
>
> But... there is a -n option in tleds introduced by Debian that only
> turns on the ScrollLock LED.
>
> So I run tleds with the -n option and my own xtleds in X and now I
> always have a traffic indicator in the ScrollLock LED.

Hugo

  Yet it works here.(?)  Something odd going on.  I have had problems
  with the cron packages from 3.0pl1-95 - 3.0pl1-99, on my testing
  partition.  Jobs listed in /etc/crontab just don't run since
  3.0pl1-94.  I asked here on DU and only one other person responded
  with the same problem.  Now this tleds problem comes up.  Something
  odd/different is going on.  Some things are minor (the daily,
  weekly, monthly anacron jobs and the daily chkrootkit checks are not
  IMHO minor) but not many are seeing them.

  I can't see how the cron or Tleds programs should work differently on
  different systems, but it's happening. I've tried tracing the cron
  program but, as of uyet, have not found the answer.  I'm glad you
  were more sucessful then me.  :-)

  Happy New Year Hugo

  Wayne

--
Any program that runs right is obsolete.