Re: [OT/FLAME] Horrible GNOME File Picker (Was: Open (helper application chooser) for iceweasel/icedove is too simple)

On 1/5/07, Wesley J. Landaker <wjl@icecavern.net> wrote:
On Friday 05 January 2007 08:02, Geoff Reidy wrote:
> Googling gnome file picker gives you a fair idea what people think of
> it. But wait, I just found a way to stop iceweasel using it, add this to
> user.js:

The GNOME file picker is so bad, I'd rather run Firefox on Windows XP in
Qemu than use Iceweasel with the GNOME file picker enabled.

=)

To be honest, I actually like it. The newest incarnation of it anyway.
I think all those hits you'll come up will be at least partly based on
the older one, which had a bit too many big buttons and a bit too
little functionality.

Then again, I like spatial browsing too, but most people seem to be
trained on windows explorer and don't want anything else.

Wim