Re: mkinitramfs-kpkg failed to create initrd image.

> > Using mkinitramfs-kpkg to build the ramdisk.
> > mkinitramfs-kpkg failed to create initrd image.
>
> there is an initrd support option in menuconfig

I think I selected the necessary options:

mmiller@xpc1:/usr/src/linux-source-2.6.18$ grep -i ram .config
CONFIG_INITRAMFS_SOURCE=""
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM=y
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_COUNT=16
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_SIZE=4096
CONFIG_BLK_DEV_RAM_BLOCKSIZE=1024
# CONFIG_NVRAM is not set
CONFIG_RAMFS=y
# CONFIG_CRAMFS is not set

> what happens if you try to build the initrd manually with
>
> mkinitrd -o blah [version]

I don't have mkinitrd, but these all worked for various
kernel versions that are installed on the machine:

$ sudo mkinitramfs -o blah
$ sudo mkinitramfs -o blah 2.6.18-23-dec-2006
$ sudo mkinitramfs -o blah 2.6.18-3-amd6

I can't get this to work for the new kernel version I'm
trying to build, since make-kpkg blows before it creates
the /lib/modules/<version> directory.

I'm guessing that I'm missing something else in menuconfig.