Re: On Etch can't to remove a broken package - Solved

On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 21:17:08 +0100, csanyipal wrote:
> Hello!
>
> On Wed, Jan 03, 2007 at 08:15:44PM +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
>

> > I think you can trick the script by creating a small dummy file which
> > looks like it was generated during the ltmodem installation. The postrm
> > script can then remove this dummy file and it will be happy that it did
> > its job. Make sure that /etc/modprobe.d/ltmodem does not exist and run
> > (as root)
> >
> > echo "# lt_serial" > /etc/modprobe.d/ltmodem
> >
> > I would expect that you can remove the package normally after you do
> > this.
>
> I did it, and I can now to remove the package. Thanks!
>
> However I get the error messages:
>
> > > ------------------>
> > > (Reading database ... 60952 files and directories currently installed.)
> > > Removing ltmodem-2.6.8-2-386 ...
> > > find: warning: you have specified the -mindepth option after a
> > > non-option argument -name, but options are not positional \
> > >  (-mindepth affects tests specified before it as well as those \
> > >  specified  after it).  Please specify options before other \
> > >  arguments.
> > >
> > > find: warning: you have specified the -maxdepth option after a
> > > non-option argument -name, but options are not positional \
> > >  (-maxdepth affects tests specified before it as well as \
> > >  those specified after it).  Please specify options before \
> > >  other arguments.
> > > ------------------<
>
> Is it a problem?
>
> I can now to install other packages with no problems.

Most likely this is harmless. The "find" command is warning you that it
might be doing something slightly different from what was intended by
the author of the script. In practice this makes no difference most of
the time. I think it is mostly a legacy issue and/or a warning about
inconsistent behavior of the "find" command on different platforms.

--
Regards,
          Florian