Re: ssh client http(s) based

Liam O'Toole wrote:

> On Tue, 02 Jan 2007 23:59:29 +0100
> MeneM <debian-user@maas-martin.nl> wrote:
>
> > Hi List,
> >
> > I'm looking for a ssh client that runs on a webserver. Something
> > can connect to using a regular web browser and then connect to a
ssh
> > server from that server (Instead of the connection originating
from
> > the client)
> >
> > Trying to circumvent a firewall that only let's out port 80 and
443
> > AND proxied.
> >
> > I've browsed sourceforge and googled on it, but i'm only able to
find
> > java based clients, but they all start the ssh connection
straight
> > from the client instead of the server.
> >
> > Do you guys perhaps have a suggestion?
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Mark
> >

> The perl script available at
>
> http://zwitterion.org/software/ssh-https-tunnel/ssh-https-tunnel
>
> will help you.

Mind you, if the proxy is just a http proxy and does not support the
CONNECT method, you're out of luck!

The only tried and tested method I can suggest is some sort of cgi or
php shell:
http://www.rohitab.com/cgiscripts/cgitelnet.html

Regards

--
Ottavio Caruso

I will not purchase any computing equipment from manufacturers that recommend Windows Vista? or any other Microsoft® products.
http://www.pledgebank.com/boycottvista