Re: multi-gnome-terminal alternative

On Mon, Jan 01, 2007 at 02:40:40AM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:

   > I use konsole all the time. It does not have all the features that
   > multi-gnome-terminal has. For example multi-gnome-terminal has facilities to
   > split the screen horizontally and vertically. Other than funky stuff like
   > this (which are very cool btw) konsole is pretty good. But then you probably
   > benefit more from konsole if you are using KDE than gnome.
   >
   > konsole like applications (in Debian):
   >   gnome-terminal
   >   konsole
   >   multi-gnome-terminal
   >   rxvt
   >   mrxvt
   >   xterm
   >   Xvt
   >   rxvt-unicode
   >   rxvt-unicode-lite
   >   eterm
   >   aterm
   >   yakuake
   >   urxvt
   >   MLterm
   >
   > Please let me know if you come across anything else and if I have missed
   > something...

I do not use KDE, but found this interesting.

    http://nomis80.org/

From the description:
  QuadKonsole is a program which embeds 4 Konsoles (other numbers can be
  specified on the command-line). This way you save screen real estate,
  you don't have to worry about careful placement and the startup time
  is faster than starting up 4 separate Konsoles.

You can add this one to the above list.

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Let me put it this way: today is going to be a learning experience.