Re: aptitude --mind-your-own-business option?

Florian Kulzer wrote:
[...]

1) Aptitude remembers intended actions, even if you change the package
   states and/or configuration settings which prompted this behavior.
   When in doubt, run "aptitude keep-all".

2) Aptitude tries to react immediately to changes in package states,
   including the "automatically installed" flag. If you want to run
   several successive (un)markauto commands to change/fix your system
   then you have to use "--schedule-only" to keep aptitude from doing
   something unintended halfway through the operation and "keep-all"
   afterwards. Another helpful stop-gap measure in such cases is
   -o aptitude::Keep-Unused-Pattern='~T'

[...]

Looking at point 2 again, I am not sure why you have to run "aptitude keep-all" at the end. "keep-all" removes the "A" (automatically installed) flags, but you have already removed them with "aptitude unmarkauto --schedule-only '~i'". Any "A" flags that you set with "markauto" are removed by "keep-all", so your work is undone. What am I missing?

--
Chris.