Re: signature invalid: BADSIG 010908312D230C5F Debian Archive Automatic Signing Key (2006)

Florian Kulzer <florian@molphys.leidenuniv.nl> writes:
>    More likely, however, there is just a synchronization problem with
>    the MIT mirror. You can get the "bad signature" error if you update
>    while the mirror in the middle of its synchronization procedure. If
>    you get this message all the time then you should send an email to
>    the maintainer of the MIT mirror to make him/her aware of the
>    problem.

I seem to see these messages quite regularly, no matter which mirror I
use.  Typically switching a different mirror fixes things.

Unfortunately the presence of several different but sort-of-similar
errors, like the keyring stuff, is kind of confusing, I'm never quite
sure _where_ the problem is really coming from.  [But it's been
happening regualrly for at least like 6 months or so.]

-Miles

--
The car has become... an article of dress without which we feel uncertain,
unclad, and incomplete.  [Marshall McLuhan, Understanding Media, 1964]