Re: aptitude --mind-your-own-business option?

On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 17:55:08 -0800, Marc Wilson wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 03, 2006 at 07:01:07PM +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> > - Do you alternate between running as root and running with "sudo
> >   aptitude"? That causes confusion with the configuration file.
>
> You keep saying this.  No one has disagreed with you yet, so I'll assume
> you're correct.  Whyinhell isn't this an RC bug!?

I noticed this about a year ago. I just checked again and it seems to be
fixed for the version of aptitude which is in Sid right now (0.4.4-1).
It is probably also fixed for the version in Etch. I never considered it
a bug of aptitude but rather an unavoidable problem when using sudo with
applications that have their configuration files in /root. I also seem
to recall that there was a passage in the documentation which pointed
this out clearly. I cannot find any trace of that in the current version
of the docs. Looks like this was fixed a while ago. Sorry for the noise.
(It might still be an issue with Sarge's aptitude, though.)

--
Regards,
          Florian