Re: Pumping Gas in Oregon

Marcelo Chiapparini <chiappa@oi.com.br> writes:

> Hello,
Hi Marcelo..

> First of all, I would like to say that I am a very happy user of Debian,
> and always received a lot of kind help from the members of this list. If
> I can manage myself in running Debian the way I do, is due to the
> support I obtain continuosly from this list.

Ditto

> I apologize very much if I was rude complaining about recent OT trafic,
> which started with the "Osama Bin Laden Take Over List!" stuff, and
> continues with the "Pumping Gas in Oregon" emails. As I said, it was not
> my intention to be rude with these OT's debianners. I am very sorry for
> that.

You have absolutely *nothing* to apologize for, the thread is off topic,
when people complain, they are told they don't have to read it, or
worse, to configure their email clients to filter the thread, which puts
the burden of responsibility on the people not participating in the
thread.

> I have nothing to do with the black-hacker Brazilian community and I
> would like not to be blamed for their acts. Nevertheless, I think that I
> have the right to express my opinion, and be taken seriously, in spite
> of my neighbor behavior.

I would hope that nobody here is stupid enough to hold you responsible
for internet activity originating from your country!
   >>     If Brazillians want to discuss the merits of Debian, fine.  But lashing
   >> out at people for being Off-Topic is just laughable given the cesspool their
   >> national network has become.
ok, maybe someone is...

This list is huge, very high traffic, with many people trying to help
solve some often times tricky and complex problems, OT threads,
especially giant, boring and opinionated (IMHO) ones such as the Oregon Gas
thread only make it tougher for users to give and get help.

> Finally, weren't the Brazilians who wrote the complain about OT traffic,
> just one, me. And, again, I apologize very much if I was not polite
> doing that in the manner I did.

Again, Marcelo, please do not feel the need to apologize, you are only
echoing the same thing many of us feel: we want to to keep this list
focused one Debian, simple as that.

--
-----Angelina Carlton-----
orchid on irc.freenode.net