From bettini@dsi.unifi.it Wed Aug 23 17:50:30 2006
Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:47:45 +0200
From: Lorenzo Bettini <bettini@dsi.unifi.it>
To: Mark Willson <mark@hydrus.org.uk>
CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
Subject: Re: fonts messed up

actually I am using the nvidia binary driver (already last release)...
so the problem shouldn't be there should it?

here's an example of the problem

http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/terminal.png

the blank part actually should contain text that disappeared after
scrolling and comes up again when scrolling back...

is it the same behavior?

Lorenzo,

No, your problem looks different.  It might be worth trying a
different driver though, just to see if it makes a difference.

Another setting that had an effect was turning anti-alias on for
all fonts and sizes (in ~/.fonts.conf).  Maybe worth toggling your
setting as an experiment.

That's about all I can suggest, I'm afraid.

-mark