Re: fonts messed up

> From bettini@dsi.unifi.it Wed Aug 23 17:50:30 2006
> Date: Wed, 23 Aug 2006 18:47:45 +0200
> From: Lorenzo Bettini <bettini@dsi.unifi.it>
> To: Mark Willson <mark@hydrus.org.uk>
> CC: debian-user@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Re: fonts messed up
>

> actually I am using the nvidia binary driver (already last release)...
> so the problem shouldn't be there should it?
>
> here's an example of the problem
>
> http://rap.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini/terminal.png
>
> the blank part actually should contain text that disappeared after
> scrolling and comes up again when scrolling back...
>
> is it the same behavior?

Lorenzo,

No, your problem looks different.  It might be worth trying a
different driver though, just to see if it makes a difference.

Another setting that had an effect was turning anti-alias on for
all fonts and sizes (in ~/.fonts.conf).  Maybe worth toggling your
setting as an experiment.

That's about all I can suggest, I'm afraid.

-mark