Re: Please suggest a video capture software

Santanu Chatterjee wrote:
kaffeine does the job for me. It is a *media player* and also has the
capability to save what you are seeing and hearing. It saves audio from
the TV signal directly, not via the sound card, though. I didn't get
your point in having to go via the line in of the sound card.

Other media players like xine may also work.

Johannes, thanks for the reply. I am not familiar with kaffeine, but I
think it is based on xine. I shall try both and see if they work.

Yes, as far as I know. In my case I never managed to configure xine to work with my usb-dvb-device (something about setting up channels for my location), while kaffeine worked 'out-of-the-box'. I never bothered enough to try to make xine work.

Johannes