auto-download deb files that are already installed

Hi.  I'm still working on this un-networked laptop.  It's looking
pretty good, now I'm ready to put the audio apps on it that I use.
I made a list from Synaptic of the packages I have on the desktop, and
now I'm hoping to download all the packages and put them on my flash
drive.
If I put "apt-get -d install pkg", I just get a message that it is
already the latest version.  Is there a way around this?  Maybe with
dpkg?  I couldn't find any options that accounted for this.

The only thing I can think of- that doesn't involve making monstrous
lists of dependencies and downloading all the debs individually- would
be to uninstall all these packages, then run apt-get -d install, save
all the debs to my flash drive, and then reinstall them.

Is there some other way to fool apt into thinking the packages aren't there?

-Chuckk

--
"Far and away the best prize that life has to offer is the chance to
work hard at work worth doing."