Re: Wireless module bcm43xx in 2.6.17 kernel

George Borisov wrote:

Freddy Freeloader wrote:
I haven't, however, gotten this to work with or without any
security.  It goes through the motions but it never recieves a dhcp
offer from the router.

Just to check, did you set the channel / ssid with iwconfig?

No. I just listed the ssid in wpa_supplicant.conf. I didn't set the channel or the ssid with iwconfig as I've never had to do that before. I'll try it, but what's the reasoning behind using iwconfig for that when wpa_supplicant is supposed to take care of it? Or, is it just my overall ignorance of wireless networking showing up here?