Re: Really stupid mutt question

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 10:40:08PM +0800, JerryKwok wrote......

> 2006/7/31, Heimdall Midgard <heimdalle@gmail.com>:
> >I've been banging my head for the past six hours trying to figure
> >out how to write a message in Mutt. (So I've given up and used
> >GMail instead.)
>
> This has been a question to me for a long time.Why do we use mutt
> when many other better manager(evolution) especially when mutt's
> so complex and difficult to remeber the binds.

There are plenty of great email clients out there.  But I like mutt
because:

    1. It is infinitely configurable.

    2.  I don't have to use a mouse.  I can keep my hands on the
    keyboard the entire time.

    3.  It is easy to use via ssh, which I do all the time.  And
    while you can use a GUI based email client remotely, the further
    away you get from the server, the slower things become.  Not
    really a problem using ssh/mutt.

    4.  It handles news groups just fine with threads.

There are pluses and minuses for all the email clients out there,
whether GUI or CLI.  It really comes down to what you are
comfortable with.

Kevin

--
Kevin Coyner  GnuPG key: 1024D/8CE11941  http://rustybear.com/publickey