Re: Is KDE difficult to use?

JerryKwok wrote:
I installed ubuntu 5.10 before,and that's my first linux experience.I just feel
gnome a little slow(much slower than on my windowsxp ).Now I'm gonna try
the debian and KDE.So,is KDE similar to gnome?Is it faster?Is it easier to use?

You're basically asking the question "Is green better than blue?"

It's a personal preference; it depends on what types of things you're doing; it depends on your philosophy of Life, etc etc etc.

KDE is similar to Gnome in the same way that men are similar to women, but not to giraffes. But then men may have some similarities to giraffes that they don't have to women (no dirty jokes needed, guys).

Your best bet is just to try KDE. Debian allows you to have both systems (as well as others), and to switch between them painlessly. I suspect Ubuntu also has this capability.

If you just want a quick demo, download and burn the Kubuntu LiveCD and boot off it.

--
Kent