Re: Packaging PHP files

On Wed, Aug 02, 2006 at 10:18:34AM -0400, Kit Peters wrote:
> At work, we would like to use apt to distribute WWW applications
> written in PHP to various other machines of ours.  What's the best way
> to package these applications into debs, as they aren't compiled?
> Should I write Makefiles where the only non-empty target is 'install'?
> Or is there a better way?

You can create a Makefile that simply places the files from where you
are developing them to the target installation location and then using
checkinstall to quickly create a Debian package.  That is, of course, if
you don't want to go to the trouble of creating a proper package.

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://familiasanchez.net/~roberto