Re: Mozilla mplayer plugin setup question

2006. július 7. 16:11,
"Thomas H. George" <tom@tomgeorge.info>
-> debian-user@lists.debian.org,:
> On Thu, Jul 06, 2006 at 10:26:28PM +0200, LeVA wrote:
> [...]
>
> [...]
>
> > Okay, I'm a little confused here :) I can see that in testing version
> > 3.21 of mplayerplug-in is packaged. Although I'm using 3.25 (from
> > sources) I assume they are working quite the same, and I really don't
> > know what kind of light show you are talking about. If no one else
> > replies then I ask you to include a small screenshot of that, or the link
> > of the screenshot image. Neither the mplayer nor the mplayerplug-in
> > software contains such a feature, so I really do not know what produces
> > that. The stream plays fine for me too, and my screen gets blanked with
> > gray too (this is normal, this is mplayerplug-in).
>
> I only see the light show on my daughter's computer running Windows.  I
> have no idea how to capture it there.  As we agree that mplayer is
> working perfectly for the sound stream I am ready to forego the light
> show.
I see now... So you had the light show on Win, and you thought that mplayer
wasn't working right, because it wasn't displaying the light show? That's
probably a winmediaplayer thingie. You won't have that with mplayer (thanks
god :)

> > > Out of curiosity I found mplayer.conf in /etc/mplayer and the opening
> > > paragraph said it should be placed in ~/.mplayer/config.  I copied it
> > > there and uncommented the line ao=alsa.  Starting mplayer proceeded
> > > exactly as described above until the buffer filled but then no sound
> > > and the message, "stopped" was displayed.
> >
> > Maybe you don't have alsa enabled in your kernel, and you are using OSS.
> > If you are using oss and you want to use that option, you must put oss
> > after ao=
>
> I am definitely using alsa.  There must be something else in the config
> file that causes mplayer to stop.  I'll experiment some more.

And if you could attach the config file, the list readers could examine it,
and help you filtering the bad options which causes the stopping.

Daniel

--
LeVA