Mozilla mplayer plugin setup question

Using the mplayer plugin for mozilla I listen to a fm radio station on line. The sound is fine but mplayer occupies a large gray window. When my daughter who is still wedded to windows listens to this station on line there is a continually changing light show in the window as the music plays. This makes me think that somehow my setup is incomplete.

I have mplayer installed as well as the mozilla plugin. I studied the very extensive man page, copied /etc/mplayer/mplayer.conf to ~/.mplayer/config and experimented with editing this file.

All I succeeded in doing was to stop mplayer. Even with an unedited config file which has almost everything commented out mplayer would start, contact http://streamguys.us/wrti, show a bar indicating that the buffer was filling and then stop.

For the moment I have deleted the config file and mplayer works as before.

Does anyone have a working version of the config file?

Tom George