Re: problem upgrading the kernel

Serban Udrea wrote:
Now to my problem. I have a little server with Debian 3.1 Sarge. A few days ago I received from debian-security the message regarding problems with the 2.4.27 kernel: DSA 1097-1 New Kernel 2.4.27 packages fix several vulnerabilities. Since I have this kernel version installed I tried to upgrade but after apt-get update followed by apt-get upgrade I get:

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded

I do not understand why!?

See the thread entitled "mess" from yesterday/today.

aptitude install kernel-image-2.4-386

This will always install the latest kernel from the 2.4 tree. If your machine is more recent than Pentium II, you could also use kernel-image-2.4-686

Johannes