Re: problem upgrading the kernel

Hello,

And thank you for your answer! Unfortunately there are more then two weeks since the security anouncement was sent. How much can it take to update mirrors?! Is there any other source I could use besides security.debian.org to make security updates.

Best regards,

Serban Udrea

Jon Dowland wrote:
At 1151929950 past the epoch, Serban Udrea wrote:

A few days ago I received from debian-security the message regarding
problems with the 2.4.27 kernel: DSA 1097-1 New Kernel 2.4.27 packages
fix several vulnerabilities. Since I have this kernel version
installed I tried to upgrade but after apt-get update followed by
apt-get upgrade I get:

0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded

I do not understand why!? Here is some info which may be useful:

I had this problem with a different security update. security.debian.org
is a round robin at the moment, and it seems the DSA email is coming out
before the mirrors are all updated in a few cases.