Re: eth0: flipped to 10baseT appears on login prompt

> This appears because of something like the following in syslog.conf
> #       *.=debug;*.=info;\
> #       *.=notice;*.=warn       /dev/tty8

There are no entries in syslog.conf for /dev/tty1 (local console)
or any other console except a "|/dev/xconsole" entry which seems
to be for some mail related messages.
tty1 is where the login prompt and the eth0: messages
appear after the boot sequence.

I just can't figure out how to suppress
certain messages by using syslog.conf.

> I suggest you install mii-diag to troubleshoot this problem, with
> mii-diag you can monitor auto-negotiation.
> You might want to force 100 full duplex ;) if available at
> the other end
> of the wire...

Sorry, I forgot to mention that the network card reads
"for 10baseT or Coax" on it. And it really seems to work fine.

 Mikko Fallenius