Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

On Tuesday 02 May 2006 10:16, Roberto C. Sanchez wrote:
> Matthias Julius wrote:
> > I don't see how a profit oriented business could be social.  How would
> > you enable people from the lower end of society to get their children
> > educated?
>
> I don't enable them.  They enable themselves.  Please repeay after me,
> "It is not the government's responsibility to be a nanny."  People need
> to take responsibility for themselves and their own actions.  The
> abrogation of personal responsibility is one of the greatest travesties
> of the 20th century.

Question:  Now that the labor movement has won American society among the best
labor laws in the world[1], among those the abolishment of child labor, how
do you propose an 8 year old take responsibility for themselves and their own
actions?

[1] For 100 years ago.  It's too bad we haven't bothered to keep up with the
world on this, Americans now get fewer days off, work more hours and at lower
pay than most of the western world.

--
Paul Johnson
Jabber: Because it's time to move forward  http://ursine.ca/Ursine:Jabber