Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

Steve Lamb wrote:
Rich Johnson wrote:

Oh, so the objection is to _dissident_ poltical teaching.  Heaven forbid
that high school students should be challenged to think and decide for
themselves.

    Uh, no, try again.  The problem in this case there was political speech at
all during a GEOGRAPHY lesson.

In the case at hand, yes, but more generally in a Civics Class
it *is* reasonable to discuss political theory. It is *not*
reasonable to support candidates, or support political parties,
or deride political parties or their leaders. It *is* reasonable
to discuss why one or another side to a political issue might
like or dislike the current adminstration etc.

[snip]

Mike
You have found the bank of Larn.