Re: OT: Politics [Was:Social Contract]

Rich Johnson wrote:
> Oh, so the objection is to _dissident_ poltical teaching.  Heaven forbid
> that high school students should be challenged to think and decide for
> themselves.

    Uh, no, try again.  The problem in this case there was political speech at
all during a GEOGRAPHY lesson.

> FWIW, this particular teacher was disciplined, or punished if you
> prefer.  I find it hard to believe that such stuff is a _prevalent_
> problem in US high schools--even though it does make for good incendiary
> copy.

    Slap on the wrist, he's still teaching.  And it is prevalent.  It was oing
on when I was in high school 10 years ago.  Difference here was that a student
had the cajones to record him and expose him.

> What're the original sources for these stories?

    Too old for me to find easily.  Web stories I read in daily perusal 6
months+ ago.