Re: lost mysql root password

    maybe you are not using linux debian distribution.
So this way is geereal way. You can setup same version
of mysql in an other machine create new mysql root
password there and copy. all files under (if your
mysql datadir is an other location, look the place of
it from /etc/my.cnf  ) /var/lib/mysql /mysql/* from
new machine to your old machine and restart mysql. And
now you can use new root password in your old machine.