Re: Looking for music player software

On 12/30/06, Philistine <debacle@debian.org> wrote:
Hi,

I'm looking for a music player in Debian with some features, I
did not yet find in the ones I tried (alsaplayer, beep,
mp3blaster, quodlibet, rhythmbox, zinf). I did not try banshee
("55.2 MB of additional disk space will be used") nor amarok
("124MB..."). What I would like to see:

- most important: changing the speed without changing the pitch

- using a second output or sound card for "pre-listening"

- cross-fading

- search by artist/title/genre and by ranking

- nice to have: keeping track of intro/extro sequences

- UI: GTK+ or plain terminal preferred

Things I do not care about:

- any other media than locally stored OGG/MP3 files

- mobile music player devices

Is there such a program in Debian or at least in the free
software universe? Many thanks in advance!

Cheers, a philistine Debianist