Re: Looking for music player software

On Sat, Dec 30, 2006 at 06:52:41PM -0800, Baz wrote:
> You're a Debian developer - and, don't know music players?

Fortunately, it's not a requirement for DDs to know all Debian
packages. I already mentioned, that I tried six players:
alsaplayer, beep, mp3blaster, quodlibet, rhythmbox, zinf.

> Nevertheless, I like VLC...

Does VLC fulfill the requirements I mentioned? E.g. how about
the first one?

> On 12/30/06, Philistine <debacle@debian.org> wrote:
> > - most important: changing the speed without changing the pitch

I tried VLC but cannot find the speed/pitch control.

Thanks to Sven Arvidsson! I found the plugins SndStretch for
xmms and Scizzor for both xmms and beep. Both are not packaged.
They are easily compiled and at least SndStretch works fine.
There is also a crossfade plugin for xmms in Debian. The
drawback here is, that I'm not compatible with the UI of XMMS.
It looks like a burlesque of a car radio, not like a normal
program as e.g. rhythmbox.

Cheers,
--
W. Borgert <debacle@debian.org>, http://people.debian.org/~debacle/