Re: update messages

On Thu, Dec 28, 2006 at 02:42:13PM -0500, Greg Folkert wrote:
> http://www.debian-multimedia.org/faq.html

Actually I had read through that FAQ - that was where I got
the (non-working) instructions on obtaining the PGP key for
validating the multimedia signatures..

What was it you were trying to draw my attention to?
It does say that 'apt-check-sigs' only works with
apt-get 0.5.x, but I have never knowingly used 'apt-check-sigs'
so didn't worry about that...

> Also, I literally hate aptitude. I'd rather use apt-get period.
>
> For me I do "apt-get update && apt-get -u dist-upgrade" everyday, using
> Sid.

Not really familiar enough to comment on their respective merits.
I did see a comment from someone else recently indicating that they
preferred to avoid 'apt-get install' because it gets the aptitude
database out of sync.

Anyway, I assume that either tool should be able to be made to work,
and I should learn to use both before deciding to write one of them
off :)

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com