update messages

I am trying to get up the courage to update my debian etch system
after a few months of neglecting to do so, but am dreading the thought of
some mishap leaving the system unusable.

The system was installed back in April, and is on a Fujitsu P7120, and
aptitude produces quite a long list of things it wants to delete and
upgrade, so I want to be cautious about telling it to go ahead.

The first thing that gives me cause for concern is that the output
resulting from a 'apt-get update' does not look very clean:
 Get:1 http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch Release.gpg [189B]
 Get:2 http://mirror.ox.ac.uk etch Release.gpg [378B]
 Hit http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch Release
 Hit http://mirror.ox.ac.uk etch Release
 Err http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch Release

 Get:3 http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch Release [5560B]
 Hit http://mirror.ox.ac.uk etch/main Packages
 Ign http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch Release
 Hit http://mirror.ox.ac.uk etch/main Sources
 Hit http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch/main Packages
 Get:4 http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release.gpg [189B]
 Hit http://security.debian.org etch/updates Release
 Hit http://security.debian.org etch/updates/main Packages
 Hit http://security.debian.org etch/updates/main Sources
 Fetched 5751B in 0s (7515B/s)
 Reading package lists... Done
 W: There are no public key available for the following key IDs:
 A70DAF536070D3A1
 W: GPG error: http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch Release: The following signa
 tures couldn't be verified because the public key is not available: NO_PUBKEY 07
 DC563D1F41B907

Are any of these messages things that should concern me? Why the 'Err',
'Ign' and 'W:' messages?

My sources.list looks like this:
 deb http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/debian/ etch main
 deb-src http://mirror.ox.ac.uk/debian/ etch main
 deb http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
 deb-src http://security.debian.org/ etch/updates main
 deb http://www.debian-multimedia.org etch main

The multimedia web site only mentions
	deb-src http://www.debian-multimedia.org sid main
for sources - nothing specifically for Etch. Is it safe/desireble
to add that to my sources list?

I have tried adding the PGP key for the multimedia packages as
per the instructions on the web site, but get:
 digbyt@fujitsu:~$ gpg --keyserver hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net --recv-keys 1F41B907
 gpg: requesting key 1F41B907 from hkp server wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net
 gpg: keyserver timed out
 gpg: keyserver receive failed: keyserver error

One other thing that I am unsure about is that aptitude reports a number
of packages being 'held back'. I havn't intentionally asked for this,
could it have occured automatically or have I unintentionally done
something when initially learning to use aptitude?

Any advice or reassurance would be appreciated.

Regards,
DigbyT
http://www.digbyt.com