Re: Etch/raid/lvm2

On Wed, Dec 27, 2006 at 10:50:14PM +0100, Hal wrote:
> I had this problem many days ago: one disk in my raid 1
> array failed.  I had to install grub by hand using the
> live distro called "SystemRescueCd"...it took me about 5
> minutes to get the server up again...

I am currently running / on a RAID-1 in a box which I have
no way of communicating with except over the network (it's a
thecus n2100 if anyone is curious). I'm planning on building
a root FS to keep on a spare USB memory stick which I will
boot from if something bad happens to the array.

--
Jon Dowland