Re: problem linking gdchart

On Sunday 24 December 2006 23:00, Paul Scott wrote:
> Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > On Sunday 24 December 2006 20:45, Paul Scott wrote:
> >> I just installed gfortran on my sid system a few days ago to try to
> >> build a program for a friend which needs recursion.  It uses gsl and
> >> gdcharts.  I can't seem to get gfortran to link to these libraries.
> >>
> >> gfortran -o demostemp -lgdc *.o 2>xxxxxx
> >>
> >> gives the following error output.
> >>
> >> TIA for any help.
> >>
> >> Paul Scott
> >
> > Do you have libgdchart-gd2-xpm, libgdchart-gd2-xpm-dev packages
> > installed?
>
> Thanks.
>
> I had a different set installed.  I now have the two you suggested
> installed and I get:

I dont understand what you mean by different set. But anyway, did you try
linking libgdc statically instead of dynamically? The thing is when you use
dynamic linking the order or linking matters. I usually use

(COMPILER) (FLAGS) (objects) (LINK) -o (EXECUTABLE)

But you are using

(COMPILER) -o (EXECUTABLE) (LINK) (objects)

Dont know if this is the problem in your case.

raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi
http://malayamaarutham.blogspot.com/

Click to consolidate your debt and lower your monthly expenses
http://tags.bluebottle.com/fc/KCuXzzVNuo1iOj2HyoYvCYVH3nDg7C/