Re: problem linking gdchart

Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Sunday 24 December 2006 23:00, Paul Scott wrote:
Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Sunday 24 December 2006 20:45, Paul Scott wrote:
(snip)

gfortran -o demostemp -lgdc *.o 2>xxxxxx

gives the following error output.

TIA for any help.

Paul Scott
Do you have libgdchart-gd2-xpm, libgdchart-gd2-xpm-dev packages
installed?
Thanks.

I had a different set installed.  I now have the two you suggested
installed and I get:
I dont understand what you mean by different set.
I had libgdchart-gd2-noxpm, libgdchart-gd2-noxpm-dev installed which also satisfy the virtual packages "libgdchart" and libgdchart-gd2-dev.
But anyway, did you try linking libgdc statically instead of dynamically? The thing is when you use dynamic linking the order or linking matters. I usually use
(COMPILER) (FLAGS) (objects) (LINK) -o (EXECUTABLE)

But you are using

(COMPILER) -o (EXECUTABLE) (LINK) (objects)

Dont know if this is the problem in your case.
Both choices give identical results.

Paul