Re: Hal and udev with kernel 2.6.18 no longer works

On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 09:32:36AM -0800, Andrew Sackville-West wrote:
> On Sat, Dec 23, 2006 at 07:30:10PM +0200, David Baron wrote:
> > > I seem to remember an upgrade some time ago with testing that told me that
> > > I needed to remove hotplug. I can't remember if it was a kernel upgrade or
> > > maybe udev.
> >
> > Udev provides hotplug so installing that removes hotplug.
>
> IIRC, the transition to udev *requires* the purging of hotplug and
> explicitly says so in the upgrade.

Hi A,
IIUC debian udev includes hotplug functionality. This means that a
seperate hotplug package should not be installed. So the kernel upgrade
ask the user to remove the seperate hotplug packages because the
functinonality is now included in udev which is installed.
cheers,
Kev