Re: ..OT: Watch your snow load!

Roberto writes:
> I was talking about maintenance on the drilling gear.

The drilling technology is also 19th century.  Although a rotary drill is
faster (though still 19th century technology) a cable drill is something
that anyone able to keep any sort of machinery running could maintain: it's
just a heavy weight on a cable, lifted up and dropped over and over.

I suspect that a more serious barrier is the cost of the steel casing.
--
John Hasler