Re: ..OT: Watch your snow load!

Hugo write:
> And here (Esquipulas, Oaxaca, Mexico) we dig wells by hand and lower the
> concrete casings by hand.  These are about 12 meters deep, so they are
> very shallow but an extraordinary amount of work (minimum wage was just
> "raised" to about 6US$ per day).

Why?  Well drilling is hardly high-tech: it's well over 100 years old.  You
should be able to pick up an old cable-drilling rig in Texas for scrap
price.  For that matter, you could drive a well to 12 meters.  There also
some interesting "low tech" approaches.
Google "drilled well" OR "tubewell".
--
John Hasler