Re: changing alt-tab behavior in fullscreen mode

On Thu, Dec 21, 2006 at 01:10:55AM -0500, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> Server : Debian, Etch, vncserver 3.3.7-13
> Client : Windows, Xp, vncviewer 3.3.7
>
> When I access the vnc session in fulscreen mode on the windows machine, the
> alt-tab is not being sent to the Debian machine. Pressing alt-tab just
> switches the windows on the Windows machine. How can I make alt-tab switch
> windows among the vnc session's windows? or is there any other shortcut to
> switch windows among the windows session?
>
> I have read http://www.realvnc.com/faq.html, googled around, searched the
> mailing list archives but could not find any solution to this problem!
>
> If both client, server are on the Debian's machine, then there are no problems
> with the alt-tab behavior. The issue arises only if the client is being run
> on Windows!
>
> thanks
Hi raju,
I was thing of a hack.
given:
a key combo X that can be used on Debian and
a key combo Y on windows that is not used,
find X and Y with the best solution where X=Y
so if you can assign alt-tab on windows to something else, that that may
allow the key to go to Debian. other wise, use say 'f12' to send 'f12'
where 'f12' on debian does the switch. Or other fun hacks.
Cheers,
Kev