Re: [OT] CVS vs. SVN

   Dear Angelo & Dave:

Angelo Bertolli wrote:
> David Christensen wrote:
>> there was an SVN "feature" whereby SVN applied to same version number
>> to all files

Really, truly it /is/ a feature.  It's one of the driving forces behind
writing SVN.

>> Can SVN deal with the various line endings automatically like CVS?
> I just tested this on Linux with a TXT file that was created on
> Windows.  On Linux I got a file with CRLF line terminators.

   SVN's charter is ``what goes in comes out''.  However, it has a
`property' to handle EOL changes:  svn:eol-style.  Set to `native' it
Does The Right Thing, but Subversion leaves the choice up to you.
There's probably a way to default to native EOL, but I've never cared,
since I'm purely a Unixish operator.  Take a look at

http://svnbook.red-bean.com/nightly/en/svn.advanced.props.html#svn.advanced.props.special.eol-style

--
	    Best wishes,

	    	 Max Hyre