Re: What is the best way to install Samba

2006/12/18, michael <michael@estone.ca>:
On 18 Dec 2006 11:24:55 -0800, schmity wrote
> Ok I have my debian machine connected to a XP machine through a router.

Static IP is probably your best bet, although I think you can
get away with having your samba server on a dynmanic IP since
it will broadcast itself to your XP machine.

Schmity has could have 2 problems: routing the SMB packages, and installing samba itself. The second one depends on what he wants to do w/ samba (share, domain etc.); first depends on [broad]band router, what side of the router the nodes are, and maybe more.