Totem xine problem in Debian Etch with KDE.

DOH! I have a self created problem with totem xine that I can't seem
to sort out. I am running Debian Etch i386 with GNOME, but I tried out
kxdocker without realizing how dependent it is on KDE. I have since
uninstalled kxdocker and all of the KDE things, but now totem xine
crashes every time I start it up. When run from the command line, I
get the following error:

""$ totem %U
Creating link /home/user/.kde/socket-bifrost.
can't create mcop directory"

How do I solve this? It seems like some sort of simlink issue.

Cheers,

Brian