Re: Old Laptop - Did a Net Install But Afterwards No NIC

If you're using gnome, there should be a small collection of system management icons in the upper right hand corner of the screen. One of them is probably crossed out with a red circle and diagonal mark. Click on it. It should be "network manager" (if it isn't try another one), and it will allow you to activate the NIC.

If so, file a bug report against package "network-manager".

If not, I don't know what's wrong.

Rick